New Safari is great!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by lwilliams, Oct 27, 2013.

1. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

I hated Safari until Mavericks. In the past, on the Mac, it was Firefox or Chrome. And the thing is, I never really liked those either....won't use them on the Winboxes.....at all.

But the new version in Mavericks has to be the smoothest running browser I've seen....ever. Thanks Apple, this is really nice!

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm especially pleased with the new bookmarks/reading list layout.

3. Konrad. macrumors newbie

Anyone know how to remove "Show Top Sites" button which is next to "Show sidebar" button ?

4. EmaDaCuz macrumors regular

It is great when it works, but I have plenty of problems. Youtube videos are played weirdly, links are not working properly (I click on a link, the address changes but the same page is loaded over and over again), several graphical glitches.

5. iWaldo macrumors member

I like it. It's, dare I say, snappy.

My only minor beef is, unless I'm mistaken, they removed some options from the Reset Safari menu. Things like page previews.

6. Pembroke macrumors newbie

I tried it, but meh, I'm still a FireFox girl. I might give it more of a try, but I have yet to find a way to get all my FF history, bookmarks, tabs, etc to Safari, so I'll stick with FireFox.

Also, I LOVE Adblock Plus. There are no blocking plugins for Safari that are so awesome.

7. ufkdo macrumors 6502

The same for me. Also the bookmark manager is horrible and gives errors when I am trying to import & organize bookmarks from other browsers. If Apple figures those out, Safari will be great. However, it is far from great for now.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I don't know if i'm the only one experiencing it, or if the problem is resolved yet...but as of a few days ago I was unable to use PayPal on Safari to pay for purchases. It would take me through all the steps, and then freeze on the last step..."Logging In'. No error messages, and no problem with my account (I checked with PayPal). I switched to Chrome, and had no problem.

I haven't tried to use it in the past few days...so it may be fixed by now...or possibly it was, somehow, my problem.

Otherwise, I'm more than happy with Safari.

9. AdamInNi macrumors member

I was a massive fan of chrome but decided to give safari a try. It's been great. Very fast, very stable and I haven't opened chrome since. Good stuff, Apple! :)

10. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I like it, but it does have a few niggles.

For example, Safari still fails to honour cache expiry settings on web pages. Meaning that when you hit the Back button, it will reload the previous page even when that marks itself as being valid for the next 30 minutes. Meaning: it's not nearly so snappy as it could be.

Also, when the bookmark sidebar is visible, and you use the search feature, there doesn't appear to be any way you can find where exactly you've put that bookmark in your hierarchy of folders.