Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Anyone notice how when you open a new tab in safari the cursor goes to the web address bar instead of the search window?

Anyway to fix that ?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Anyone notice how when you open a new tab in safari the cursor goes to the web address bar instead of the search window?

Anyway to fix that ?

Yes I noticed it and welcomed it. I never liked how a new Safari tab would default to the search bar and open a dialog box. I just want a tab to open and not open dialog boxes.

But as far as fixing it, I don't see where there is or ever was an option to change it's behavior.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Yes I noticed it and welcomed it. I never liked how a new Safari tab would default to the search bar and open a dialog box. I just want a tab to open and not open dialog boxes.

But as far as fixing it, I don't see where there is or ever was an option to change it's behavior.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So theres no way to have a default page open with new tabs like in
Mac OS Safari?

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX

i agree. i always hated how opening a new tab put the cursor in the search bar and opened up a drop-down of search results. annoying as hell! glad the cursor defaults to the web bar now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.