New Samsung ad trashes the BlackBerry...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Solomani, Jan 21, 2013.

1. tmoney82 macrumors member

I don't think it's fear. I think they are sending a message saying that they are going to be something to recon with in the corperate world.

2. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

These commercials are brilliant, witty and clever

3. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I think they just find joy in bashing other products.

4. Cody3133 macrumors member

I love reading the comments on yahoo, 9 out of 10 are stupid and put 0 thought in it.

5. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Yahoo comments are worse than YouTube comments

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I know everyone likes rooting for the underdog but RIM only have themselves to blame for their current situation and struggles.

Samsung marketing towards business users is smart move.

7. tensiondeadache macrumors regular

I say pile on. RIM and their partisans brought this on themselves with years of trying to characterize other platforms as "toys" next to their "professional" phone. No doubt in my mind BB10 will be a disaster, like the Playbook.

8. Timzer macrumors 6502

You call it trashing. I call it going toe to toe with the competition.
    They wanted to go after high end smartphone buyers, so their ads showed them going up against the iPhone. iPhone has been the top dog for many years.
    They want to go after enterprise now, so who should they compare themselves against in these ads? BB of course.
    Why are people so taken back with this strategy in ads? :confused:

9. flameproof macrumors 6502a

flameproof

BB10 is IMHO the best looking phone on the market. But you are probably right.

10. tensiondeadache macrumors regular

Exactly. RIM wants to play with the big boys, but then starts crying when they get called out on the quality of their products and services.

11. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I find it funny how some people get so offended by something so trivial as a commercial

12. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Get a grip mate, theres no way to tell if they are great or either if they going to fail.

13. tensiondeadache macrumors regular

Ok I just finally watched the video, and it is an EXACT, spot on portrayal of Blackberry die-hards, thinking only they have the "business" phone and other, more feature rich devices are "toys." Not a Samsung fan, but great job showing how lost some BB people are.

14. kevinof macrumors 6502a

Like most other companies. Think back to the Coke/Pepsi ads of years ago. ... 7 out of 10 people preferred..

15. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Funny, both Coke and Pepsi are still around decades later.... (despite the vicious Cola Advertising Wars of the previous era).

16. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

If bashing other companies out of the market gets ones share holders bigger dividends and ensures one's company sells more phones then thats good business. Cold hearted, but true.

17. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It was a joke. :D Forgot the smile in the first post.

18. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

I'm generally unimpressed by Samsung's ads.

I don't really like the strategy where they make fun of the people they are trying to get to use their products.

Also, I feel like their ads are generally a bit smug. I thought Apple users were supposed to be the smug ones? Or are they just pretentious now?

Just for reference: I don't really like Apple's ads for the most part either.. but that's for entirely different reasons.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

could not agree more. It is less a shot a blackberry and more a shot at people still doing things the archaic way if that makes sense. The lady with a business phone and personal phone....why not just have 1. Their commercials really are solid, and one of the only commercials I actually watch when it comes on tv.

20. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I'm just surprised people care about Android devices. The underlying software still leaves me seriously underwhelmed.

21. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

At this point, is any software really exciting? Within about 10 minutes any platform can be mastered.

22. gregrose macrumors 6502

Apple's ads for the iphone 5 are just pathetic now "oh look at this microphone you can hear the call better. OH LOOK! Do not disturb!! We are so innovative!!"

most pathetic commercials i ever seen.

23. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

That's the hilarious part about rabid Android fans... They have become exactly what they love to bash the Apple faithful for - pompous, smug individuals who are convinced that Android is better than any other OS. If you're dumb enough to use an iDevice or a BlackBerry, you're clearly incompetent, tech-ignorant, and NOT cool. Samsung's ads simply put to words what Android fans already think.

I agree with panda, insulting the people you're trying to win over is only going to work on people worried about what others think of them. For someone like me, who doesn't care about such things, it's pretty off-putting and I'll look elsewhere if I am going to consider an Android or WP8 device.

24. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Guess you're more of an HTC type of person..

[​IMG]