New Satin Silver Dual Shock 3 released!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by periphera, Feb 10, 2008.

1. periphera macrumors newbie

Newly Satin Silver Dual Shock 3 announced.
    Finally you can order new Dual Shock 3.

Satin Silver Dual Shock 3

Im in line for one!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Great for the USA,

but the link is useless for anyone in Europe

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Eh PS controller is so uncomfortable. I hate the handles on that thing.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed. This is basically the same design (with a few more buttons) as the original Playstation. That was well over a decade ago. Redesign your controllers Sony. We're 2 generations beyond that now :D

That being said; the new color does look nice.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm still waiting for Logitech to release a DualShock 3 version of this baby.

Best PS2 controller ever.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Wasn't Sony going to have that "batwing" one? But nobody liked that one either...

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed 110%. What the heck is taking them so long though to come up with basically the same with the six axis built in for the ps3 ?

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

9. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

GDC 2008 seems like the place where Sony will announce the white PS3 since it's gettting that much closer. I imagine maybe there will be a price drop on the horizon as well? :rolleyes: We'll see.

As for the silver DS3, I LIKE! :D

10. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

I'd be more interested in a white PS3 release and a price drop. Even better, Sony can go ahead and include a DS3 if they want to.

11. asxtb macrumors 6502

I disagree. The consistency is what I like about the PS controller. It's not like Nintendo where you have to learn a new controller every generation. Just because the console changes doesn't mean the controller has to.

12. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. The PS3 controller is something that every person in the world knows how to use. It fits just right and every gamer was practically born with this exact controller in their hand. Why change perfection?

13. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I remember having one of those and yes it's very good, totally forgot about it. I was waiting for Sony to release the DualShock 3 stateside to pick up a pair, but now I don't know if I should just wait for this version...

14. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea cause that learning curve is such a killer... :rolleyes: I never had to "learn" any of Nintendo's controller.

:confused: What are you talking about? If you're talking about a controller everyone in the world knows how to use, it's the Wii's. If you grew up with the PS as being your number one system, it probably feels more familiar, but a longshot from being every gamer's main controller, and being perfect. I'd called that lazy in the design department.

The PS controller is fine, but out of the 3 major systems, the PS I dislike the most because of it's weird handles. I don't care if they don't change their controller, but no controller is perfect and they haven't changed their form since the first one.

15. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Frankly, I don't really like Sony's controller design. I MUCH prefer the Xbox 360 controllers over the PS3's.

16. asxtb macrumors 6502

Wow, must be nice that you've never hit the wrong button because you switched to a different system. :rolleyes:

You're joking right?

Exactly! No controller is perfect or ever will be perfect. But I still stand by my statement that Sony's consistency is one of the reasons why I like its controller. Again, why does the controller have to change just because the console does?

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I never said I didn't have to learn how to use a new controller, but it's more about the learning curve, which is quite minimal. And plus you learn different controls for every game. If anything the PS's shape named button scheme is a cramp in the learning curve compared to letters.

You ask my dad if I'm joking or maybe the thousands of "non-gamers" who've started gaming because of the Wii controller. You give my dad any other controller he'd probably hold it upside down.

Good for Sony's consistency, I see your point, I can't change your opinion. but after a decade and a half, and 2 systems later, there has been no change in form. I'm not talking about the button scheme, that's fine, the form and handle on the thing are just akward to hold. There's gotta be a better ergonomic design for the thing. That's my opinion.

18. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Maybe to improve the controller? Unless Sony thinks it's perfect then they can just leave it alone as they have. Getting used to a new controller takes no time at all so that excuse is weak. For 30 years people have managed to play games on arcade cabinets, Atari's, Nintendo's, SEGA's, Gameboy's, computers, PlayStation's, Xbox's, PDA's, cell phones, laptops, and those little Tiger Electronics hand held games even though they all have different controller designs.

Lethal

19. periphera thread starter macrumors newbie

I read somewhere satin silver PS3 and DS3 will be released in US on September but not officially announced . Long way to go.

20. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They made it terrible!

I'm not a huge fan of the Dual Shock, but the boomerrang looked like it would be painful to play.

I really like the NGC(but give me a bigger C stick) or Xbox 360(but give me a Nintendo made D Pad)

21. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

DS3 was announced for Spring 08 in the US (no concrete date yet), GT5 Prologue is official for April 17th... I would venture that it will be released around the same time as GT5 Prologue, marketing wise it makes more sense than just tossing it in to the retail market. Plus on the Japanese side it was released around the same time as GT5 too, within a month of each other iirc.

Never was it September, less September is somehow still Spring?

22. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I just want the DS3 in the US... hopefully before summer. Otherwise I guess I'll just import two white ones.

23. vsgamer macrumors newbie

Dual Shock 3 (Satin Silver)

$59.90 @ http://moourl.com/ds3silver
    Brand new Dual Shock 3 wireless controller in new satin silver color

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

DS3 is dated for April 15th in the US, its an official date. GT5 is dated for April 17th, which is also an official date.

Don't doubt me, my predictictions are usually spot on :p;)

25. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

GT5 or GT5 Prologue ;) There is a difference :p