New SBSS 38mm, Normal Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nightrich, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Nightrich macrumors regular

Nightrich

I just received my Space Black Stainless Steel 38mm and have updated to the most current watchOS. Today was the first day I really wore it all day and used it. I did some time checks, sent some texts, no emails, and did one 36 minute workout(Workout->Other). I have prominent haptic turned off, had wake screen on wrist raise turned ON. All sounds turned off, and haptic set at the medium setting.

I put the watch on this morning at 5:45am and as of right now I am at 21%. Is this about normal? Just making sure that I am not experiencing any unnecessary battery drain from settings I haven't properly adjusted yet. I downloaded Dark Sky and set it as a complication for my "Simple" face.

I have certainly read reviews about average battery life but wanted to ask on a more recent note with newer OS and most of the threads I read were from previous updates for the most part.

Thanks guys! Glad to join the club!

IMG_0661.PNG

2. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

That sounds right in line for the 38mm watch.

The usage times posted on apples website is with the 38mm variant; the 42mm variants should get a bit more.

3. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Sounds good. I've started playing tennis recently and given the amount of times I saw my watch face turn on today when I wasn't meaning to, I think I'll turn wake screen on wrist raise off and see what that does.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It turns your watch into a screen you have to touch to see the time. If the battery lasts you the entire day with wrist raise turned on don't mess with it. The watch is meant to be charged every night. It's not a Pebble.

I can get a 1.5 days use of my 42mm SS but I charge it every night anyway. Pretty easy habit of putting both my watch and phone on the charger.

5. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

It's probably a good idea when doing something where you'll be swinging your arm around a lot.

I turn off wrist detection for sleep to save battery and not bother my gf who is a light sleeper and it's not a huge deal to do so; it's pretty much like turning on airplane mode when getting on a flight.

6. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Thanks for input guys! Now I just need to get AppleCare+