New screen on 3GS -now touch is screwy.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chefjeff59, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Chefjeff59 macrumors newbie

I just replaced the screen on my 3GS phone (for the 2nd time). Now the touch sensitivity is acting pretty screwy. Sometimes it won't sense any touch at all. Sometimes it will sense touch with my left hand but not my right. Sometimes a finger, but not the thumb. I often have to go to sleep mode then back to the app or function to finish what I was doing. For instance if I were typing this as a text message I would probably have had to stop 3 or 4 times, go to sleep mode and back to finish. I know this sounds crazy, but that's pretty much how it's working. I've also noticed that battery usage since then has been pretty heavy. I don't think the problem is from the drop that broke the screen. I used it for about three weeks before I switched out the screen, and didn't notice any problems.
    I guess my question is, did I screw something up with the screen repair? Did I get a buggy screen this time? Did I screw something up with the screen repair?
    I tried a full restore through iTunes, but it was no help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a faulty or cheap/crappy screen replacement.

3. Chefjeff59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any chance it could be a software issue? I'd hate to have to go through pulling the screen off and replacing it again. I've read other thread that spoke of doing a restore and then setting the phone up as a new phone. Could work?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I highly doubt it, but give it a shot anyway.