New Screen or New Digitizer ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KAKA2081, Jul 5, 2011.

1. KAKA2081 macrumors newbie

So now , my phone is half screen working and other half Quartre Working :)P) because of water damage.

So heres the question ... I should buy a new LCD screen or a new digitizer ??

Everything in the phone works well ( Headphones , Screen , Speaker , Battery , Vibrator , Microphones, Power and the home button and the Speaker Buttons and the water damage sensor had turned white somehow ( maybe im blind xD ) ) and the phone can recieve calls and everything ..

My Father said that he will give his iPhone 4 since hes not using Mobile phones but i should give him my iPhone 3GS fixed and working xD he said ask in forums and try getting it fixed and buy new parts e.t.c i got 50$ now only :S

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Buy an entire screen assembly. They run for about $50~ on eBay and they are relatively easy to install. A digitizer alone will only run you $15~ but it takes about an hour to install and it's not a process suitable for someone that is new to iPhone repair.

Just do an eBay search for "iPhone 3Gs LCD assembly" and you're set.

3. KAKA2081 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ! Great thanks

btw i found some for 17$ and 11$ and i was like "wtf"

They are legit ?