New Screen Problem Macbook Pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tdream, Jun 24, 2009.

1. tdream macrumors 65816

Only received my new Macbook Pro today and I'm going over every inch of it. Great little machine, not much difference between the old MBP if I'm pushed about it but nice nonetheless.

Now when I'm watching video, there's an uneasiness. The colours don't seem solid. When I look even closer I can just about make out the black lines in between the pixels. I know the pixel density should be so minute that you can't see the lines in between the pixels, but I can see them. This is often a problem is older model projectors, since they have to blow up the image so big and when you stand up close to the screen you can see the lines in between the pixels. Well this is a 13" screen, you shouldn't be able to see the pixels, right? The technical term is screendoor. Now when I look at a window the title bar and menu bar I can see the screendoor, the lines in between the pixels. It's like looking at an image through chicken wire. I don't recall having this problem with the old one. Now I truly believe with one hand Apple giveth and the other taketh. The screen is a 9CBD btw. :apple:

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I can see the black lines between the pixels on my mom 2.4 Macbook unibody. That's normal.