New screen problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JRichland, Sep 19, 2014.

1. JRichland macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I got a friend of mine's "broken" iphone 5 a couple of days ago. The LCD was broken and the screen was all cracked so I took it to a guy who fixes and replaces those things. We got it working in the late afternoon and when I got it home it still wasn't working.

It had some trouble connecting to it for various reasons but after deleting it from the icloud server, etc... I have it ready to go for a factory reset; which I'm hoping will solve the problems.

So when I click the power button to turn it on, it has once or twice worked and I made a video of what happens after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3esn-_sMAT0&feature=youtu.be

Anyone have a clue whether this is a hardware problem, and which one it must be? Thanks guys.

2. JRichland thread starter macrumors newbie

3. asmith406 macrumors member

The screen may have been cracked and that was replaced but did they replace the digitizer as well? Check out Gadget Menders if you can't find a local place to do the repair. They sell the parts if you want to try it yourself or have a mail in repair service. I had them replace a screen on one of my phones. Think their repair service runs around $90 and that includes the parts. Good luck.