New seeds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Mar 20, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

O.K. so i know ill probably be bashed by a lot of people for asking this but lets just say you had a dev add your uuid to their list so you could update and experience 3.0, only to find out the seeds expire and you have no way of downloading new seeds when they become available because you never paid the 99$. But i was wondering is there a way if you are added to the list that your phone will be able to update to the new 3.0 seeds when they become available or will i be stuck with the first beta until june? please if you know anything tell me!

2. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Was wondering this myself. I would assume we will receive updates as they are released, but you never know.

3. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

do you think it might just be as easy as clicking update in itunes?

4. Pooshka macrumors 65816

iPhone OS betas are just like Mac OS betas. They can't be downloaded via Software Update or iTunes Update. My guess is you'd have to go through the same steps, i.e., download it "somewhere", activate your UDID as needed, install it.

5. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Why not just wait until it comes out???
    Is it really that hard to wait a couple months before something is released, hey at least we know its going to be released...Trust me the months flew by since the 3G came out but then from my view its been a long time as well :) dam I miss the good ol' days.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Nope, it doesn't work that way. You'll need to either re-acquire each beta through whatever dodgy channels you got it in the first place, or jailbreak to get back down to 2.2.1 and pray that your phone will still work.

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Hah, no. Wait until the final release.

8. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

in the mean time....

well in the mean time when the beta does expire do you think there will be a way to find the updated beta even though you do not have access to the 3.0 page on the dev website? or do you think if you just asked around someone will be nice enough to send u the updated beta?!

9. TexanMan05 macrumors regular

TexanMan05

Ask the developer you are working with to send it to you when it becomes available.

On a side note: I find it funny that you are already wanting iPhone 3.0 Beta 2 when the Beta 1 was just released. I mean did you already create so much software for Beta 1 that you are curious as to what other features you can integrate? :rolleyes:

10. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

He doesn't already want beta 2, he's just asking questions about beta 2 in case it comes out and he wants to install it.
    :rolleyes:

11. TexanMan05 macrumors regular

TexanMan05

Um.. if he is already asking about it then that means he is thinking of Beta 2 now and is bored with Beta 1. :p

Just funny that Beta 1 has been out for a total of 4 days and people are already wondering how to get their hands on Beta 2.

12. odelay macrumors 6502

Here's something funny. I've got a dev account. I logged into the dev centre when OS3.0 became available, downloaded it and installed it on my iPhone without checking to make sure my UDID was registered. It only occured to me a couple of days later, so I checked. And there's no UDIDs associated with my account. But 3.0 is running fine on my iPhone, activated first time, no issues at all. First time I installed it, I had problems with a few apps after restoring a backup, so I did a fresh install, without using a backup afterwards, and it activated fine again then. Go figure.