Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monkswhiskers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Any online info about this as yet? Wondering what improvements it might bring as I like using my watch for running. The series 3 I find isn’t too bad but with hill reps & interval type training it struggles to track the spikes/dips in hr. (as with all wrist based monitors).
If there is an improvement it is the only reason I would consider upgrading, otherwise I’ll stick with the series 3 and get a Wahoo Tickr or similar. I’m assuming the ecg has no useful function during activity tracking.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Any online info about this as yet? Wondering what improvements it might bring as I like using my watch for running. The series 3 I find isn’t too bad but with hill reps & interval type training it struggles to track the spikes/dips in hr. (as with all wrist based monitors).
If there is an improvement it is the only reason I would consider upgrading, otherwise I’ll stick with the series 3 and get a Wahoo Tickr or similar. I’m assuming the ecg has no useful function during activity tracking.

Curious about this too, nobody has really said what’s improved.

rcarter3636

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
It is strange Apple decided to go with one larger sensor in the center compared to 4 sensors on previous models.
Polar Vantage M and V series to be released in November added more sensors. Some early reviews have said that the new Polar watches are highly accurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.