Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
I will be buying a full price iPhone and am on AT&T but want the option to flip to Verizon sometime in the next few months, so i need a Verizon capable device.

Considering starting service with Verizon but would immediately cancel it. Have searched their website for info but not having any luck. Anyone have info on any repercussions in dropping the plan a few days after getting the phone? I'd never actually activate it on Verizon.

pog27

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I will be buying a full price iPhone and am on AT&T but want the option to flip to Verizon sometime in the next few months, so i need a Verizon capable device.

Considering starting service with Verizon but would immediately cancel it. Have searched their website for info but not having any luck. Anyone have info on any repercussions in dropping the plan a few days after getting the phone? I'd never actually activate it on Verizon.

I would like to know as well. Will it ask for a Verizon account to purchase the Verizon iPhone under the AUP? I have AT&T but would like to have a phone where I can switch to Verizon in the future. I have 2 other phones and 3 iPads with AT&T I need to deal with first though. None are under contract.

KrazyBear15

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
South Dakota

just buy the Verizon model sim free it has both CDMA and GSM bands while the AT&T model only has GSM. So the Verizon/Sprint iPhone will work on any carrier but the AT&T/T-Mobile model only work on GSM networks. You shouldn't need to setup Verizon service if you buy the Verizon model at full price on Apple's store.

westcoastcyc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
just buy the Verizon model sim free it has both CDMA and GSM bands while the AT&T model only has GSM. So the Verizon/Sprint iPhone will work on any carrier but the AT&T/T-Mobile model only work on GSM networks. You shouldn't need to setup Verizon service if you buy the Verizon model at full price on Apple's store.

You need a Verizon account to pre-order. Even when paying in full.

mjcxp

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008

Verizon will do a hard credit pull, which will have an impact on your credit score.

Reactions: BMAF and Hal~9000

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Verizon will do a hard credit pull, which will have an impact on your credit score.
Good point. Wonder if they're allowing the purchase of the 7 on a prepaid plan? They shouldn't pull credit for those do they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.