New Setup

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by auero, Dec 12, 2008.

1. auero macrumors 65816

I'm a long time mac owner, I've owned every single mac I could think of. However, I'm selling my Macbook Pro 17". I've had it for almost a year and I don't want to spend the money on applecare especially since someone is giving me a good offer for the one I have now. The size of it some what gets annoying but its something I can live with. Smaller wouldn't be a complaint.

I was thinking of replacing it with a new 15" macbook pro and just eventually maybe getting a screen for it. Then I thought...

Perhaps a 24" iMac (2.8 model) and a entry macbook. So I can have work on one computer and use the laptop for bedside or when I need it for class, etc.

I mean a macbook shouldn't have a problem running Photoshop, right?

They money I'll spend on a new macbook pro will be almost equal to what the imac configuration would cost me. So any ideas? Anyone else have the same situation?

edit: or am I stupid about all this and should I just wait for the new 17" to come out in January?

2. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

3. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

The current iMacs are reaching the end of their product cycle, I'd wait for the new ones and buy one of them.

Personally I prefer desktops over laptops.

4. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I'd probably pick up a refurb or something. I'd wait on the iMac till macworld. The macbook i'd purchase right away though.