[NEW] sGLAS.t SLIM

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ThunderApple, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

2. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Well, you better hurry, because they only have 14 left in stock.

Also, why the hell does the box say both iPhone 5 and Sony Xperia Z?

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I refuse to buy this. Spigen just keeps making new ones to keep people buying more. My Glas.t is still perfect.

4. kampongkid macrumors regular

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Will wait for the next one. The GLAS.tR "ULTRA" SLIM

6. Delta438 macrumors member

What does the surface on these glass screen protectors feel like? More towards matte or clear? I've never been interested in glass screen protectors, because I prefer smooth, anti fingerprint screens.

7. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Very clear and buttery smooth. The GLAS screen shields from Spigen are smoother than the bare glass.

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

If you use a case, does the having the "r" really matter?

9. dortega479 macrumors newbie

its a good question! you wont notice the round edges or whatever the glass tr have, if you are using a case in mi opinion.. i like this slim glass t, i will buy this product :D

10. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Ah but if the case doesn't have a lip over the protector , then you might notice.

11. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Curious as to how this will fit compared to the rounded edges of the Tr? I've got a Tr on my iPhone 5 and well as my wife's and I am completely happy with it. While at times I wish it was a little thinner, I agree with the response earlier that the thicker the better.

However, my mouse is over the "Add To Cart" button as we speak.

12. Delta438 macrumors member

Thanks! And are they prone to fingerprints? I leave prints on anything I touch other than matte, so fingerprint magnets are a no-go.

13. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Less than the bare glass. The coating is phenomenal. What's really intriguing is how the screen "self wipes/cleans" while it is carried in a pocket. It's sounds like a lie but it's not, they're amazing products. I am crazy about screen smudges and would always wipe the bare glass while at work but now I rarely ever wipe it.

14. wxman2003 Suspended

I do have the current Glas.tr on my phone and it is great. Less smudges, and the screen looks better with it on. If I didnt already have it on, I would get the slim version. But since I do, and it went on perfectly without any dust, I will wait until the iphone 6 comes out to get a new screen protector.

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

You lucky dogs with your perfect installs. :rolleyes:

16. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

This is great to those who use their iPhone 5 with a case. I have had my GlastR for well over 3 months now and it is still great. I even have a extra one laying around should this would end up breaking in some way.

I do use their slim bumper so I do have a lip around it. Only reason I might order this. Not to mention I have a 30% off on Glast products I still haven't used.

17. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have the new Saturn case which I absolutely love. There's no lip on this case so would the R/tR difference be noticeable?

18. chaosbringer macrumors member

chaosbringer

GLAS.tR Slim is coming soon, according to a comment they posted on facebook:

Spigen SGP: The GLAS.tR SLIM will arrive soon! It is not as slim as the GLAS.t SLIM but it will have the rounded edges! Check www.spigen.com for details!

19. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it is. You use the GlastR with a case with no lip, when placing the phone down, your phone will be raised up a bit by the GlastR itself. A phone with a lip usually provides enough where the phone doesn't depend on the screen.

This isn't an issue to some people though because some people simply don't put their phone facing down. I do a lot so I'm always into cases with a lip.

It depends on you. If you don't put your phone face down, just get the GlastR or wait for the GlastR slim.

Great to hear. I'll just wait out for the GlastR slim then. Hopefully you can actually notice the slim look with i, seeing as it won't be as slim as this one.

20. kidnz macrumors newbie

21. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

22. ip4 macrumors newbie

ip4

Why does it say on the pictures of the glas.tr slim that it is still 0.4 mm? And I think it is ridiculous that spigen is coming out with all of these different versions of their products just to make money...

23. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why not buy the Pure so you can get BG'z replacement program. Best on the market.

24. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Nevermind, found the glas.tR slim on spigen.co.kr.