New SGP Ultra Slider Colors- Still Unavailable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jackson743, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Jackson743 macrumors member

2. modafroman macrumors member

Saw it this morning... I must say it looks very good, interested to see reviews of it once it starts shipping...

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Looks alright, but doesn't that clear polycarbonate (the back) scratch very easily? And it seems to make the iPhone look fairly thick, IMO. Not too impressed.

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I might be interested depending on whether it bubbles screen protectors or not

5. dutchie000 macrumors newbie

That looks cool, i'm definitely interested but I don't know about that clear back protector. I'd rather use a film protector on the back along with the slider case... not that polycarbonate piece which will definitely display a ton of scratches after normal use.

When is the release date?

6. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

According to their facebook page, this case will be available August 30.

7. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

This case looks really nice. I can't wait to start seeing some reviews (preferably video reviews lol).

8. nelly41 macrumors regular

I called them yesterday (thurs) They're shipping out the preorders already. I wanted to pick one up locally since they are also located in LA. They told me to call back on Wed. So I'm waiting til then to see if I can pick one up and post a review here with some pics.

9. Mastamuffin macrumors member

The whole thing is Polycarbanate. No metal in it.

10. RMXO macrumors 6502a

This is the case I'm currently waiting for & have been waiting since I first saw it in June. Shame the sides aren't metal as I thought it was.

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Looking forward to it. I will keep my eye on this one.

12. Mastamuffin macrumors member

So did i. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they informed me that it is infact all polycarbonate. Still looks like a good case. Complete protection with the included screen shield.

13. angelika2010 macrumors newbie

Looks cool, but doesn't that clear polycarbonate (the back) scratch very easily? And it seems to make the iPhone look fairly thick. I am lokking forward to it

14. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid it will easily scratched also, but it sure looks cool.

15. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

How do you pre-order the case? I been visiting the site daily for last month+ waiting for chance to order. And, of course, they don't seem to respond to email through their website regarding this.

16. peteisanidiot macrumors regular

same. i'd love to preoder if possible.

17. nelly41 macrumors regular

Honestly I have no idea. LOL. The guy just told me that they are fulfilling preorders. He told me to preorder one, and thats when I cut him off and told him that I'm local and want to pick one up (which they allow me to do). So other than that, your guess is as good as mine in regards to the preorder. As soon as I get a chance to go in and grab one, I'm doing it. LOL.

18. nelly41 macrumors regular

Called them back right now and they said they still don't have them available and are waiting on the manufacture to ship them over. Told me to check back in 2 weeks. Lol.

19. AiRTiMe34 macrumors newbie

20. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Can I please ask why anyone would want that to be made of metal? Like the Vapor, it would absolutely destroy signal. Glad its made of something light yet strong. If its made of the same material as the ultra thin case they make, then no reason to worry about strength.

21. johnnybgood15 macrumors 6502

What a old hen, spreading half truths, the vapor had had an effect on some reception not all...

22. corykane macrumors member

I really like this case. I am still trying to decide between the silver and the gunmetal. Which one matches the stainless bezel the best? It is hard to tell from the pictures.

23. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Silver is probably closer. Gunmetal looks darker

24. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Doubt that. It's purchase denial.

25. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

500 limit also shows up when ordering silver and gold. So, think, it's a total 500 pre-order limit for all colors. Anyway, I went ahead and bought the satin silver.