New shape of the 3D Touch Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaxBga, Sep 26, 2015.

1. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

Well, as some of you, I got my phone yesterday (6s+).

And as always, I've tried to put tempered glass screen protectors on my phone (yes I know that the new screen material is toffer but I like knowing that my phone's safe..). So I bought 2 ones and put them on. Every single tempered glass that I tried (4 for now) let appear this "halo" effect. Even the one I took from my 6 plus (which didn't have any halo effect)!

So I figured out (took me a while) that the new 3D touch screen has a different shape?..

Has anyone had any problem with that ? If you don't, what's the brand of your tempered glass... I really need one because this is annoying me.. Lol

Here are some pics of the phone with the glass of the old one.

Attached Files:

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Had that on the 6 Plus...has to do with the curving of the screen. Nothing new I believe

3. MaxBga thread starter macrumors regular

MaxBga

Right, but I think that this year's model has the curves starting even before the old model (I dont know if it's clear), the screen protector that was fine on the old one is now "too-large" to not reach the beginning of the curves

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I bought a 0.2mm tempered glass one which also has the bezel on it. No such issues.

5. MaxBga thread starter macrumors regular

MaxBga

What is it exactly please? I'm going to check it out

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YGCJSYM

I chose this one because it has bevelled edges and is only 0.2mm thick, so below the Apple recommendation of 0.3mm for 3D Touch.

7. crawltochina macrumors member

It's nothing new and was also present in last years model. It changes from phone to phone. On some of them the curve starts earlier, on some it starts later. I had 2 iPhone 6 and 2 iPhone 6+ last year and on 50% the glass protectors worked fine, on the another 50% I had that ugly edge. It definitely is the phone, not the protector. I tried different protectors.
    Sad to see that this years models suffer the same problems. Of course you will never notice if you don't use a protector.

On my 6S+ I don't have this problem although I am using a Spigen Glass. No space on the edge.

8. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

Spigen warn about the curved edges... But I'm using their slim glass 4mm and not really noticing a problem.