Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppMann

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
Interesting phone call from Apple. They told me there is a delay in shipping my Mac Pro. I ordered on the 20th December and was in the Feburary dispatch time. Apple Said that there is a delay on it for between 5-7 working days. Apple is not keeping the promised dispatch time of some time in Feburary. This is not on. 4 core d500s 12GB 256GB SSD. Also they told me that my order is coming from shanghai. :mad::mad:

Sinx2oic

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Interesting phone call from Apple. They told me there is a delay in shipping my Mac Pro. I ordered on the 20th December and was in the Feburary dispatch time. Apple Said that there is a delay on it for between 5-7 working days. Apple is not keeping the promised dispatch time of some time in Feburary. This is not on. 4 core d500s 12GB 256GB SSD. Also they told me that my order is coming from shanghai. :mad::mad:

They didn't tell me Shanghai but I got the same call and delay, so I'm gussing our mac pros will be travelling buddies. You really should have received a 4 core by now. :)

AppMann

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
They didn't tell me Shanghai but I got the same call and delay, so I'm gussing our mac pros will be travelling buddies. You really should have received a 4 core by now. :)

Yeah that what I was thinking to. The reason why i went for a 4 core is that Apple is to expenive in upgrading I will put in a 6 or 8 core into it when I get it and upgrade the ram. I was just talking to them a couple of days ago and they said if is for sure getting shipping by the end of the week. Then I got the call, also they told me a copule of days ago the reason of late Feb delivery was due to the D500s. Strange one.

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
It is not Apple that removes the reserved funds, it is your bank's policy that controls how long (number of days) your account can be held. Each banks is different I am lead to believe. Mine did the same thing. Reserved and then disappeared.

Best bet is to check you apple store account to see when the config is locked down and can't be altered. In my case the lock and the shipping occurred on the same day. Other posts I have read mention about 24 hours approx.

Except for when its 9 days like a few posts back :p

Has anyone's shipping status officially slipped to March? Mine still says Feb, no call yet.

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
Well I just called apple. Apparently they emailed, or called? I got neither.

Anyways.. I was told should SHIP in the next 5-7 days. This was a Jan 6 CTO order date to Canada.

uvitor

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Brazil
Finally, after +2 months of waiting my nMP was shipped today 4 days after the charge hits my CC. I ordered on 12/21/13 the 6c/512gb/32gb/d700 config.
The only problem is that i'll by off the city for 30 days!!!! Bad timing!!!
So excited!!

babysloth

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
Got an official shipping notice and tracking # today.

Ordered a 6c/1TB/D700 on 1/1/2014. Feel lucky to not be in the delayed group - but also feel bad for everyone that did.

The bad news is that for some reason I had believed that shipping would be either overnight or 2 day air, however my notice says ground, and is showing a 5 day delivery. Uhg!

Johnsyounger

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2013
I got call too. 8,512,32,d500
They said 7 business days with next day shipping. I demanded something free, he told me to suck it :)

----------

Also said shipping from us whatever that means

Tim Allen

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
So have had my "Shipping to store" since Wednesday (Texas to California) with still no emails, calls or anything. Today's the last day of February, think I should give the store a call?

HD303

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2006
Observatory Park
Just received call. Standard CSR message from someone who really didn't understand the product. She stated that my nMP 8 512 32 D700, will ship in 5-7 business days, and that Apple has added expedited shipping. I asked the CSR what that meant, was told, "we will ship it out faster"

Look, I'm a fan boy of Apple products, but even I look at this with suspect. Unbelievable that Apple would over promise (Feb delivery) and under deliver this machine. I'm sure once the computer arrives I'll be overwhelmed with it but at this point, I'm not impressed with Apple.

Last edited:

Johnsyounger

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2013
Got call 2 days ago. Ordered dec 23. 8,32,512,d500. Just got shipping notice. Rep on phone said next day shipping, email says March 6th. Well c.....

uvitor

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Brazil
Finally, after +2 months of waiting my nMP was shipped today 4 days after the charge hits my CC. I ordered on 12/21/13 the 6c/512gb/32gb/d700 config.
The only problem is that i'll by off the city for 30 days!!!! Bad timing!!!
So excited!!

Yupppp
My nMP came today bafore i leave the city. I'll take it with me!!!
Good luck for everybody waiting for yours.
See ya.

djarum69

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2007
I ordered on Jan. 14th with a February delivery date. With 30 minutes to go in February (eastern time) Apple switched my order over to preparing, and before midnight in Cupertino I'm listed as shipped. Cutting it close. I did get a call from Apple earlier in the week, but I missed it.

Quad/256/700

armalite

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
NE Ohio
Got the call from Apple telling me 5-7 days Thurs night and this morning I looked at my CC and I see they have a temp authorization for the MP so who knows maybe sooner then they said :)

Tim Allen

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
Just got confirmation is been delivered to the Apple store!

Ordered Dec 30th - delivered March 3rd (6core, 256, d700, 16gb)

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
SHIPPED! .. will be here Friday.. maybe sooner since its coming expedited 2-3 day air.

tbullock

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2008
I ordered 6 Core 16/256/D500 on Feb 4 from B&H and it drop shipped from Apple today. 4 weeks, not bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.