Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New Siri voices

kanesw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Nottingham
Would be nice to have new siri voices available like you get on with satnavs. Not sure if this would be possible because of all the extensive phrases but still wondering if there is anything available or in process out there?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
there are other voices like an english guy (UK), english australia & another that speaks french and German. I'm still waiting for the Spanish siri though, which is weird considering more people speak Spanish than German...

Comment

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
there are other voices like an english guy (UK), english australia & another that speaks french and German. I'm still waiting for the Spanish siri though, which is weird considering more people speak Spanish than German...

Though, if you put it in non American English, aren't certain features disabled?

I'd love to get a Homer Simpson voice!

Comment

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Though, if you put it in non American English, aren't certain features disabled?

I'd love to get a Homer Simpson voice!

No, features are based on location. What would be different is certain words that are used more in one place than another and comprehension not sure

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.