Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
Has anyone else noticed that Beta 3 includes two new Siri voices for the British accent?

Is there anyone that can help me figure out if these are new to Beta 3? Or if they were in Beta 1/Beta 2? I have been searching here, other Apple forums, discords, basically everywhere but Twitter (I don’t have one), and I can’t find anyone talking about new voices being added. I posted in the megathread but it went glossed over.

Is there anyone who still happens to be on Beta 1 or Beta 2 (for some reason) who can confirm if these are new to B3? They are new to iOS 17 100%, as they don’t show up on any iOS 16 devices I’ve checked or asked about.

Attachments

• IMG_2937.png
    IMG_2937.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2020
Has anyone else noticed that Beta 3 includes two new Siri voices for the British accent?

View attachment 2229943

Is there anyone that can help me figure out if these are new to Beta 3? Or if they were in Beta 1/Beta 2? I have been searching here, other Apple forums, discords, basically everywhere but Twitter (I don’t have one), and I can’t find anyone talking about new voices being added. I posted in the megathread but it went glossed over.

Is there anyone who still happens to be on Beta 1 or Beta 2 (for some reason) who can confirm if these are new to B3? They are new to iOS 17 100%, as they don’t show up on any iOS 16 devices I’ve checked or asked about.
I' wasn't aware of these new voices. Much prefer them to the previous stock voices, they sound more nuanced and natural. Missed a trick though, I'd have loved a Brummie or Geordie accent 😉

Reactions: gogwit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.