Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
We're pleased to announce a new site that launches today: DailyTunes.com.

DailyTunes.com is a community website which offers song recommendations exclusively for iTunes Music Store users.

The song recommendations offer direct iTunes URLs which open songs directly in Apple's iTunes application. Beyond just a list of songs, the site also offers user recommendation lists and inter-song associations which will let readers easily surf between related songs.

In essense, DailyTunes is an extension of MacRumors and shares the MacRumors' forum user database. This means if you have a MacRumors Forum account, then you automatically have a DailyTunes.com account. Forum users will also note a new "Tunes" icon at the bottom of each post which provides a link to your own personal Song Recommendation list at DailyTunes.

More information is available at DailyTunes.com

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I'm really glad to see this. What a great idea. I've only made one recommendation, thus far, but there will be many more to come. As for checking out other people's suggested tracks, I've had little success finding participants. Let's hope this changes soon!

Dan

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
That's a really cool idea. I just hope the iTunes Music Store hits some international markets soon so more people can take advantage of this great new resource.

Squire

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
Awesome job, arn... congrats! I knew you'd do great, but this is more than I expected-- Album Art for jeebus' sake! Wow!

I'll be using this a lot... Even though I love iTMS, I find it hard to buy simply because I can't decide! :D

slightly

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2003
Beacon, NY
This is a great site for discovering new music and finding out what musical tastes everyone on the forum has ... now, if only iTMS had more of the music on my playlist...

Iconocat

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2003
Fairfax, VA
Stunning!

Very wonderful, addictive and expensive!! :D

I'm going to need a 2nd job... Apple Store maybe??? :)

Thanks, arn!!

Let's see if any of those OTHER music purchasing doo-hickies spawns anything this cool!

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
one thing for me is that i went to my top 25 most played to pick out which i should put on there...but only like 1 or 2 songs are even on the itms...i hope that will change cause i really like this idea

also when you click on say "rock" for example...can there be a sort by of most submitted? that would be helpeful!

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
Originally posted by howard
also when you click on say "rock" for example...can there be a sort by of most submitted? that would be helpeful!

each track can only be submitted once, so the number of times submitted really wouldn't work - but I get what you mean :) maybe albums, or artists would do that...

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Cool idea!

Very cool idea, it helps to have help navigating 400,000 songs. One suggestion though...the logo is a little childish, in my opinion. Kinda like a "looney-tunes" logo...but maybe that's what you were going for. In any case, I've bookmarked the page and plan to use it lots.

--DT

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Re: New Site: DailyTunes.com

Originally posted by Macrumors
We're pleased to announce a new site that launches today: DailyTunes.com.

DailyTunes.com is a community website which offers song recommendations exclusively for iTunes Music Store users.

More information is available at DailyTunes.com

I'll be visiting here... as soon as Canada gets their version of iTMS. :( It's a good idea guys, but it's not going to make my wait any easier!

To paraphrase the cookie monster "RAID ...WANT ...MUSIC STORE"

...sorry I was hanging around my friends kids this weekend.

Raid

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
Originally posted by Mudbug
each track can only be submitted once, so the number of times submitted really wouldn't work - but I get what you mean :) maybe albums, or artists would do that...

sorry, i meant most reccomended.

so that it would sort if say the top song was reccomended 20 times...down to songs reccomended by only 1 person

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Originally posted by howard
you need to add the categorie indie rock to the genre list please

Technically, though, wouldn't "indie" just mean that the music in question was from an independent label, and it could still be any genre? I'd rather be able to find artists in a genre like "electronic" or whatever without regard to their label situation, personally; both good music and bad can come from either side of the fence.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Re: Cool idea!

Originally posted by DTphonehome
Very cool idea, it helps to have help navigating 400,000 songs. One suggestion though...the logo is a little childish, in my opinion.

Yesh... the visuals....

something is really missing my wavelength. maybe it's a cry for help.

site concept 10/10 ... this could be GI - Normous!:eek:

pbreit

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2003
Are you kidding me? This is a terrible idea! This makes no sense whatsoever. Since the iTMS has virtually all current, wide-release music, this would just be a recommendation site for music in general. This is really lame and I'm surprised so many people think it's anything but.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.