New SMS preview?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Switz213, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Anyone upset. When you have sms preview disabled, instead of saying the Name of who texted you on the lock screen, all it says is "New Text Message". I really liked that feature, it upsets me that they took it away. Anyone else?

2. jblnks3 Guest

I'm really glad they did that. I didn't like when it showed the name, although I wish they had an option to it turn off or on.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

How do you disable sms preview?

4. mkstewartesq@co macrumors regular

Ditto. Where is this option?

M

5. Pooshka macrumors 65816

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Passcode lock must be on to enable this.

7. mkstewartesq@co macrumors regular

Ah, okay - thanks :) Was hoping there was some way to enable this without passcode lock. Thanks again.

M

8. seezaleo macrumors newbie

yes im really pissed off about this... this there away to go back to iphone 2.0.2???

9. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Wow.... if the name of the person means that much to you to go back to 2.0.2... I don't even know what to say....

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Just set the passcode to something like every four hours, then turn the SMS preview off...

11. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Word.

12. oxymoron2007 macrumors member

Yeah, I liked having the person's name on the screen so I could decide whether or not it was worth unlocking and typing in my passcode to view the message. Hopefully they'll introduce an option next time around.

13. bluelondon macrumors regular

:confused:

14. rwd hero macrumors 6502

This was actualy a complaint of mine with 2.0.x. I hated how it had the name of the texter on my phone. Sometimes i dont want the person im with to see who it texting me, or if i leave my phone laying around at work or something anyone can see who is texting me. Although i am holding off updating until i can jailbreak 2.1, this will be a feature i welcome.

15. Switz213 thread starter macrumors 6502

There should be an option for a name, or for no name.

16. greggov macrumors member

I like this, I actually think it is a step in the right direction. Sometimes it is handy to see who it is, and sometimes its a pain. I wish the preview would not display when the phone is active. As I'm sure many of you know with iPhones, everyone wants to see them and play with them. I don't always want some person to see my messages. And sometimes they just aren't appropriate :p

Options are good though. I wish there would be options to have the preview fully on/off, and display name of sender on/off