New SMS Scrolling Bug/Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MCalhoun23, Sep 26, 2012.

1. MCalhoun23 macrumors newbie

First post for me but was curious if others had this.

I'll preface this by saying I used to have the earlier versions of the iPhone but after I bought my 4S I sold it, and ended up getting a Samsung Nexus. Obviously once the 5 came out I came back. So I haven't been too far away in terms of the software etc. I still have my iPad that had 5.0 on it

Anyways, since I've came back with the iPhone 5, I've noticed that when I receive a new text message alert/popup and click Read or whatever the button is to open the SMS program it won't display the most recent message.

It will take me to a few messages or so earlier and I'll have to scroll down to the bottom. I really don't think this is how it's supposed to be but I figured if it was happening to others that there would be a few threads about it. I did try looking and couldn't find any although I didn't spend forever looking either.

I obviously have restarted my iPhone etc so I don't know if this is a common occurrence. I wasn't going to try a software restore etc yet if it was something I'm forgetting or not thinking of.

2. jester0723 macrumors regular

This happens to me if I've been replying to iMessages from my iPad or my computer. It opens the thread to where I left off while I was using the phone.