New Social Networks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macDonalds, Dec 5, 2007.

1. macDonalds macrumors 6502

What are some of the new social networks out there? Not MySpace or Facebook but maybe something on the horizon.

Currently I frequent the following newer networks:

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com
    Sivatar - http://www.sivatar.com

What's on your list?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There's a small chance Yuwie will take off, but for now I'm into Facebook...

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Facebook is the big one for now, but like myspace and xanga, it will die very soon.

4. macDonalds thread starter macrumors 6502

How about some newer ones? Like Twitter. I think that's a pretty neat site... StumbleUpon and Sivatar are good too.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I looked at twitter from the earlier post, and i do think its pretty nice. Not catching on for now though, give it some time, and it may.

6. macDonalds thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree - seems to be growing. I also think the Sivatar concept is pretty darn cool.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Facebook has been dying since they opened it up to people other than college students and added the stupid ****ing applications.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Agreed, these applcations are bull and crazy as hell. Still, its got some life in it for now...

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yeah I agree. while some of the apps are pretty cool and useful most of them are crap. The ones that care about getting a ton of people are the ones that suck.

It was nice when it was really was open to only college students and alums. Now it is just turning in to something like myspace.

11. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I counted and I have 58 app invites...:eek: I really don't like them, and I only add ones that I am obligated to add from my friends.

I've always felt more secure on facebook than I would have been on myspace. I hear that myspace really is fine, and significantly more people have myspace than facebook, but that doesn't justify the effort for me to start one. I bet facebook was a lot better until high school pukes like me started joining...

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

oh I agree I have a ton of apps invites I have not touch. I have some apps but the ones I like the most are the chess app and the risk app. Both apps I tend to like using. Risk because I enjoy the game and chess because I can play my friends chess. Mind you most games a few weeks to finish since we get like one move a day in.

13. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

The only app I use is iLike, and I use that as a convenient way to see what concerts are coming to town...

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Didn't Micro$oft buy FaceBook?

The only one I use is Bebo, and thats only because all my friends have it TBH, good fun sometimes though.

15. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Bebo is terrible. Seriously, it's just Myspace with a different name.

16. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I disagree, Bebo is way better than MySpace (more secure too).