New software

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Jul 19, 2011.

1. gadget123, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

gadget123 macrumors 68000

How come I had to do a full restore after the new 4.3.4 update on both iPad and iPhone? I'm sure I never had to do a full restore in the past.

It said it was in recovery mode and annoyingly it made me restore it about three times before it would work. Anybody else had this issue?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Nope. Both of my iDevices upgraded just fine. Were you jailbroken?

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

No not jail broken.

I don't understand it I updated the iPad last week and it deleted everything so I had to restore. Tonight the phone done the same.

I uninstalled iTunes about 5 times and reinstalled it. Been having issues where it won't detect the IPad or phone.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Itunes has the same problems for me, but unplugging and plugging in again will usually fix the issue.

What did iTunes say before it had to wipe your devices?

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Basically I downloaded the update. First time I tried to install it would not install as it could netback up. Uninstalled iTunes and it installed the update not sure if uninstalling it affected it did the same the other day though.

After the update it said iTunes detected my iPad/phone is in recovery mode. I never put it in recovery mode on iTunes I hit update and that came up gave me no other options but to restore the phone. So I done that and it came up the same message twice before it actually did restore the phone.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's pretty strange. Personally, I wouldn't ever uninstall iTunes unless I have to.

I hope someone else can come in here and give us an explanation.