New Sony Smartwatch Next Week, Where Is Apple?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pwfletcher, Jun 23, 2013.

1. pwfletcher macrumors regular

Apparently, Sony is releasing a new smartwtach next week ... where the heck is Apple? There are a dozen or so legitimate smartwatches on the market now, even though they all pretty much suck. Sony's release next week will likely be professional, maybe even cutting edge, but definitely not imaginative or revolutionary. It is like Apple doesn't even care about the upcoming wearable computing market :confused:

2. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

You feel better now ?

Since you have been a member since 2002, you should know that Apple has its own time table. Have patience. Apple is probably trying to find the best design for its smartphone to match that of its line of hardware.

Anyway, its really not a make or break piece of hardware that one has to have to survive. ;)

3. brentsg macrumors 68030

Sony wasn't able to design my clock radio without 50 buttons or so, so I doubt their watch will be anything to worry about.

4. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I have the first Sony SmartWatch. Great in concept, very poorly executed and the technology just isn't up to snuff. Some cool things like being able to use it as a tiny monitor for the phone camera, and email and text alerts going straight to your watch so you didn't have to pull your phone out all the time.

It was killed by a poor low res screen, terrible battery life, and it was just slow slow slow to respond in general. The associated Android apps were also poorly designed. I'll keep an eye on the new Sony but I'm happy to wait for an Apple version because I'm confident they'll execute properly and do it right the first time.

5. darster Suspended

Last good thing Sony made was the Trinitron tv.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Apple is smart enough getting their competition to waste their time, R&D, and money on a novelty item like this.