New speakers for new System

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puke, May 5, 2012.

1. puke macrumors regular

Hello there everyone!

I'm selling my old Macbook Pro 2009 the second Apple releases the new one and at the same time i'm scrapping my old monitor and everything. Now I need your advice...

I will be purchasing the "future" Macbook Pro (15/17") and a Thunderbolt Display 27" which I'll be adding to my Apple family of Time Capsule, Apple TV, iPhone etc.

I would like 2 sets of speakers. 1 set for my TV-set (rolling a 42" flatscreen mounted on wall with a white designer tv-bench). I'm open to all suggestions here as long as they sound good and LOOKS good.

The other set is for my Macbook Pro for when i'm having it connected to my 27" TBD. Good looking, good sounding speakers without too many cords to hide etc. Sleek. Design. (I know about the MM1s) ^^

Thankyou for your help,

/Johan

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I believe including your budget for each would help guide recommendations. :)

PS: I have MM-1s for my desktop and love them. IMHO they're the best looking desktop speakers and they sound amazing.

3. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

Im also planning on doing this very shortly, I currently have an iMac and will be replacing it with the next revision of the Macbook Pro's and a thunderbolt display.

I currently have the Harman Kardon Soundsticks III, they are superb looking speakers and sound terrific and in all they're not a bad price at the moment either.

4. puke thread starter macrumors regular

I don't care much about the price as long as they've got good sound and look stunning. Keep them under 1000$/set of speakers :)

Gonna check the soundsticks out, thanks :)

5. dkersten, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012

dkersten macrumors 6502a

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-2

Perhaps these? I would like to start off by saying I do not own them so I cannot tell you how they sound. However they are the ones I was planning on buying when I buy my Mini and Thunderbolt Display combo this summer. I have only read good things about them in all the reviews I read.

Plus they have a good, clean look to them that would compliment any Apple hardware.

6. Mojo1 macrumors 65816