New Speck Seethru Satin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iroxtar, Jan 19, 2010.

1. iroxtar macrumors member

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I just received the new Speck Seethru Satin (smoke) in the mail. I was so excited to receive it, but was really disappointed after putting it on my phone.

First off, looks-wise this case is awesome, a smoky color while still being able to see the apple logo on the back (btw i have a white 3gs). It doesnt add a lot of bulk so its pretty slim.

Secondly, the feel of it. It does have a satin type feel, but really slippery (the one and only thing that bothered me bout the incase slider).

Thirdly, my big disappointment, there is a lot and I mean a lot of give when pushing your power/sleep button up on the top. I had to really push down like hard sometimes using 2 hands just to get a good grip and to push down. This bothers me a lot. I tried several times to put my phone in different ways just to make sure the buttons weren't off or something. I dont know if mine is defected, but it is really a pain trying to push that button.

And lastly, this thing is really difficult to remove. Harder than the candyshell. It is really tight, I was afraid I was gonna scratch up my phone.

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on this case incase (redundant much?) anyone was interested.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I guess they need to fix this issue now with the new design, just like they fixed the Candyshells, Contact speck customer service and they will send you a replacement if you want or your money back.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I tried out the black smoke seethru satin. The wake/sleep button is easy to press. It is more flexible than the Candyshell, so it's not that hard to take off.

It has a rubbery feel to it and therefore it will attract a lot of lint and stuff if you carry in your pocket.

4. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I just got myself a SeeThru Satin and I gotta say I'm not very impressed. I just don't like the fit.

I prefer my Candyshell. What a waste. Guess I'll be selling off the satin.