NEW Spigen Linear Ex Slim

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ThunderApple, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

2. iSensei macrumors regular

Spigen cases are too bloody slippery. The edges should have a better grip.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Depends on the case. The Ultra Thin were slippery to me but the Neo Hybrid had great grip with the rubber on the front and back. I've used the Linear Ex for my iPhone 4 and it was my everyday case. They're not as slippery as other cases out there but I do agree that they should add a bit of grip onto their plastic cases.

4. GiRARDsays macrumors member

I just saw this case right now on the Spigen website. I currently have the Power Support Air Jacket in Black, but now I'm torn between the Linear EX Slim in Slate and the Neo Hybrid EX Slim in Red. :(

5. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Does anyone know how the inside of the case is made, will it rub or scratch the iPhone 5's bevel?

Also, does it work with a Glast.T(R) or Bodyguardz Pure Glass screen protector? Any input is appreciated.

6. Feix macrumors newbie

The Glas t and tR are compatible with all Spigen cases. As quoted in the FAQ section of the Glas tR product page: Q. What cases will work with the GLAS.tR?
    A. All of our SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5 cases will work with the GLAS.tR. For other brands, some slider cases may not work with the GLAS.tR. The GLAS.tR is 0.4 mm thick so if you have any doubts, please contact the case manufacturer.

7. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

My order just got shipped out. I should get it this weekend or next Monday.

I'll post up a review and pictures then.

8. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Thank you, I didn't see that they had this question answered on their FAQ. Most of the other product pages have it right there on its product details, but not on this product. At least not yet.

Looking forward to it, also could you post about the inside of the case that will touch the bevel. Don't want it to scratch it on the long run.

9. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yes Yes Yes thank you for your post I totally forgot all about Spigen! This is exactly what I am looking for.

10. JBryan84 macrumors regular

I can't seem to order these from there website. It just shows up blank, anyone else have same issue? I'm digging the slate version for my black iPhone.

11. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Since this case is fairly new, I have a couple questions for the 4/4S users who have this case.

What is preventing this case from scratching up the sides of the phone? If anything.

Do back screen protectors work well with this case? (Probably can't be answered by 4/4S users)

12. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Oddly enough there isn't anything special. I used the white linear ex for my iPhone 4 till the day I got my iPhone 5. The case itself is seating next to me actually. It's just two parts that you put together yet it does its job. Never has the bumper scratched the side of my iPhone 4 while using it and taking it on and off.

I can only imagine that it will be the same for the iPhone 5. Not one Spigen case is knowing for scratching the sides. I'll be getting this case this Sat so ill post up a review. Keep a look out for it as I'll mention the sides.

13. khsjsilver macrumors newbie

Is there a big difference between the EX Slim and the regular EX? Does the regular EX give more protection??

14. jammerz macrumors regular

When you get it please comment on the headphone jack. I returned the Neo Hybrid EX Metal because the headphone jack was so small I couldn't fit my skullcandy 50/50s in the jack.

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I'd imagine that there would be some kind of felt on the sides. But yes, I will keep a lookout for your review!

16. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

There currently is no other Linear Ex product on their Linear Ex line.

The only product on their line that has two versions is their Neo Hybrid.

This Linear Ex Slim seems to be the same bulkiness as their new Neo Hybrid Slim product. I was thinking about picking those up as I found the original Neo Hybrid to be too thick but their Linear Ex Slim came out.

If you're asking what the difference is between the two, the Neo Hybrid Slim is a two piece bumper while the Linear Ex Slim is a two piece snap on and off bumper.

17. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I wish they would make this in matte black. Plain simple and low key

18. DMB1 macrumors newbie

How good does the metal slate colour of linear ex slim, match the black iphone?

Toying between the metal slate or the satin silver.

Mark...

19. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I believe the Linear EX Slim Metal and the Linear Metal Crystal come in black. Even though it's sold with the colored edge, they also include a black piece you can use instead if you prefer the black on black look. My Linear Metal Crystal did, at least.

The Linear Blitz might be what you're looking for.