Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
can someone explain how a company can design a product line and know of the "Announcement" date (planned months in advance) for new color bands and not have the accessories ready for sale in their retail stores? I understand higher end products like the watch but the sports bands can't possibly take that long to manufacture. My local  stores are saying 2-3weeks for the new colors to arrive. Shows "coming soon" on web store for in store purchase.

Ok I'm done ranting.
some people were able to pick up some new colors yesterday at the store.

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I've seen at least one uploaded photo of the dark blue band purchased yesterday at the store.
You'd think the new bands would be in stock in the stores today after announcement yesterday.
It's just frustrating after the watch delivery roll out disaster.

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
I stopped by an Apple store and picked up a dark blue sport band with ease yesterday, around noon. They had them in the back, not on shelves with the others.

Reactions: caligurl

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Do the bands show in stock on the Apple Website for the stores in your area? When I check online to see if my local stores have new bands all the new options just say "Coming Soon"

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I might check out the store and see what they have. I want the midnight blue but shipping time shows FIVE WEEKS. Insane.

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
I stopped by an Apple store and picked up a dark blue sport band with ease yesterday, around noon. They had them in the back, not on shelves with the others.
Yep everyone! They're not on the shelves yet, for whatever reason.

I picked up a Stone one at my local store yesterday!​

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Do the bands show in stock on the Apple Website for the stores in your area? When I check online to see if my local stores have new bands all the new options just say "Coming Soon"
Nope, they all say "Coming soon" But some stores actually already have them.​

Reactions: segrobja

igrover

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
SS with new Product Red Sport Band.

Attachments

• Red Watch.JPG
    Red Watch.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 343

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
SS with new Product Red Sport Band.

It would be very nice if you could take another picture in less intense (sun) light as it's very hard to judge the actual shade of red when the band is glowing so much. Thanks!

(Three times a charm ;))

igrover

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
The SS Red Band original picture I shared above was taken outside in bright sunlight so you can see what it looks like in bright light.

1st picture is with my OEM Apple iPad Mini red cover - ver similar in color. 2nd picture is with my Red Wings jersey which is a primary red color. 3rd picture is indoors under fluorescent lighting at Costco. 4th picture is the watch on top of a Coca-Cola can pack wrapper.

The red band color is not a primary red or "fire truck red" color - Sir Ive would not let that happen. It is basically a primary red slightly skewed towards the orange side of the color spectrum.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
The SS Red Band original picture I shared above was taken outside in bright sunlight so you can see what it looks like in bright light.

1st picture is with my OEM Apple iPad Mini red cover - ver similar in color. 2nd picture is with my Red Wings jersey which is a primary red color. 3rd picture is indoors under fluorescent lighting at Costco. 4th picture is the watch on top of a Coca-Cola can pack wrapper.

The red band color is not a primary red or "fire truck red" color - Sir Ive would not let that happen. It is basically a primary red slightly skewed towards the orange side of the color spectrum.

Very helpful, thanks!

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
Just a general call to the people that have been able to pick up some of the new colors, could you please post some pics so the we can get a sense of how the colors look IRL. thank you.

pdurben1

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
Just a general call to the people that have been able to pick up some of the new colors, could you please post some pics so the we can get a sense of how the colors look IRL. thank you.
Here's my Space Grey Sport Watch with the new Stone Band. Also picked up the Midnight Blue but i found it to be too dark to be distinguishably different from the black one. Really happy with this combo.
IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2915.JPG

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Nice looking combo! I'm not sure why Apple doesn't show the space grey with more band combinations. I think it looks good with almost anything.

Probably because they'd have to go the trouble of color-coding the pin. All bundled sport bands have color-coded pins (including gold and rose gold ones), but the bands you purchase separately have silver pins (except Space Gray sport band).

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Probably because they'd have to go the trouble of color-coding the pin. All bundled sport bands have color-coded pins (including gold and rose gold ones), but the bands you purchase separately have silver pins (except Space Gray sport band).

I wonder if it'll be possible in the future for Apple to design bands which have interchangeable pins. I don't mind as a silver Sport owner, but as a SG/gold owner I'd want them to match :p

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I wonder if it'll be possible in the future for Apple to design bands which have interchangeable pins. I don't mind as a silver Sport owner, but as a SG/gold owner I'd want them to match :p

They'd have to redesign the Sport band if that's to happen, as you currently can't get the pin out without destroying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.