New SR 2.2 came with Tiger

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lukoson, Mar 14, 2008.

1. lukoson macrumors member

I just exchanged a defective SR 2.2 Macbook pro for a new one and when I turned it on I noticed that it had Tiger installed on it. They did drop a Leopard disk in and I'm installing it now but I don't think that it has ilife08 installed on it and it didn't come with a disk. The previous (defective) one did have Leopard and ilife08 pre-installed. Should I demand a copy of ilife 08? I purchased the computer through my university. Also, do you think there are any differences between a SR 2.2 machine that came installed with Leopard/ilife08 and one that did not? Thanks.

2. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

First of all I would make sure you know which version of iLife you have. When you finish loading leopard on it, then run it and see which version. If you find out that it doesn't have iLife I would definitely call your university store. If they can't help you then call apple. I don't know what you did, if you returned the defective to apple or to the university store. Either way, if yours came with ilife 08 installed then I would demand to have it on your new computer.

As far as the same models of 2.2 sr mbp being different, that should not be the case. Make sure they are both the same specifications, if they are you shouldn't be worried about apple changing something after leopard was released.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My dad got a MBP it has Tiger on it, and he did a Leopard drop disc and it installed iLife.