New SR Macbook - mirror display (f7?!)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bossworld, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Bossworld macrumors member

Received my new macbook as a replacement to the broken one yesterday (so a swap from a Rev. A. to rev D., quite good!) but for the life of me, I can't get it to change between mirrored and extended displays?

I assume it's to do with the keyboard change, but what's the new shortcut?
    I don't want to have to go through system preferences every time!

Having bluetooth disappearing issues with this one too but I reckon it's a usb power problem now!

2. jeff3221 macrumors regular

3. Bossworld thread starter macrumors member

:rolleyes:

I've now got a little shortcut on the top task bar but that's no good if i've left it in extended, never mind will have to just keep swapping about. Was on the phone to apple for an hour earlier ( no idea why they just kept passing from pillar to post about applecare) and they didn't know either. Can't get anything through automater either

4. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

SYSTEM PREFERENCES > DISPLAYS > Tick "Show display in menu bar"

You will then have quick access to mirror on/off from the menu bar at the top.

5. Bossworld thread starter macrumors member

I've got that option as I've already stated but I can't believe they've taken the keyboard shortcut off, there's also no way to get back to mirrored now without turning the external display back on to view the option.

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Maybe the point's to make your main display the one you don't turn off, so you can access the icon?

7. Bossworld thread starter macrumors member

:rolleyes:

---

Command, shift and F1 for anyone that's interested, apparently it's been around for years on other laptops, but Apple support couldn't tell me! Finally found it, bloody useful!