New SR MBP. No Issues!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by czeluff, Jun 25, 2007.

1. czeluff macrumors 6502

Hello to all,

received my new MBP. I was a little worried about it having some flaws, but I booted it up, and no problems.

No dead pixels.
    No yellow gradient.
    Can't get the CPU past 55 Celsius (so far, though, the most intensive things i've done are encoding video and burned disks).

I'm going to install Windows once my MBP comes back online (battery ran out, letting it sit in sleep mode for 5 hours to calibrate) and see how the temps hold up. On my last MBP, running in XP made it the hottest.

After that, i'm wiping/reinstalling everything to get rid of the Windows partition, and extra languages on OSX. I'm setting aside 30gb for my WWDC Beta Leopard :)

Questions/comments? Feel free to post.

cz

2. mikesjo macrumors regular

How are we suppose to calibrate the batteries? :S. I think I forgot to do this....*Crap*. It's only been out of it's charger once for about 10 mins though...

3. dcv macrumors G3

Like this :)

4. mikesjo macrumors regular

Yep I found the link in another thread. Thanks though! Now I have to go home and do this :eek:. Does it have to be left off for 5 hours after it begins to sleep? That means I can't use it for 5 hours!

5. rpj2004 macrumors newbie

Hey could you give the build week for your MBP? It should be the 3rd and 4th digits of the serial number of you MBP.

Thanks.

6. mach macrumors member

Good to hear, and congrats!

I do have one question, though:

What's your audio like through headphones or speakers? There have been complaints of a hiss when the computer should be silent and popping noises before and after sound effects or when music is stopped.

Congrats again, and let me know! Your feedback and reports are greatly appreciated!

7. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I'll give you a hint. When it goes to sleep, so do you.
    Unless you intend to never sleep again...