New SR MBP with occasional screen flicker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShStylo, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ShStylo macrumors member

Hey Guys.. I am a new windows user switched over to Mac... so far it has been going great! i love everything about my new MBP... however I just had a few questions..

1) As the topic says... occasionally I can sense my screen going just a slight bit dimmer... then returning to the normal brightness... now is that something to do with bad powersupply.. or too many plugs in my powerbar that may be causing this? This ALWAYS happens when I first start a disc... is this normal or anyone else experience this as well?

2) Another thing i have noticed is my files randomly disappear... so by default in safari.. when you download something it is saved to the desktop... but sometimes the file does not show up on the desktop... so when I search for it in spotlight it would point me to desktop with nothing there.. however I CAN open the file and use it... just I don't see it on my desktop or in the folder.. maybe I am missing a setting or something?

Thanks guys appreciate your help! Cheers...

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I have had that happen to me too, along with emptying the trash but still seeing trash in the icon, etc... the finder isn't updating properly, or some such in those cases, and I dunno how to fix the issue.

It eventually goes away and works again for me :)

3. AstrayCliche macrumors member

There's a feature which automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen depening on the ambient light in the room. If you happen to block the sensors, it'll dim. You can turn this off in the Display Settings.

4. ShStylo thread starter macrumors member

wow thank you so much.. that fixed the problem...

so you're saying this eventually just fixes itself?! haha.. thats odd.. maybe i should reboot or something?

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

uummm for the files that are dissapearing that happens to me all the time. i have a program called "tinkertool". it allows you to quit the finder, (tick a box in one of the tabs and walla, quit appears in the finder menu). you then reopen the finder again by clicking it on the dock and your files should reappear on the dekstop

6. ShStylo thread starter macrumors member

Wow !!!! thanks so much.. that totally fixed the problem! thank you!