New SSD - Carbon Copy Cloner issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattaria, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Mattaria macrumors newbie

Alrighty, I have recently purchased and installed a SSD hard disk on my macbook pro, before installing it I used carbon copy cloner to clone the original hdd....basically it all seems to have worked fine but a few things have changed, such as my desktop picture being different and in the about your mac/system information tab it labels pretty much all my information as "other"

The original hdd is labeled brain in the attached photo and the SSD should be pretty self explanatory.

[​IMG]

Basically trying to find out if there is a simple solution to this that maybe I have missed or is there a chance that files may be cached and therefore not recognisable?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. JoelBC macrumors 6502a

Although I do not know the answer to your question I would suggest posting in the CCC forum as Mike and his team provide great technical support...the url is http://help.bombich.com/

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The hard drive image is based on wether the hard drive is connected to the computer externally or internally, so the image looks ok. As for the file classification, as you use the hard drive this should get sorted out. I think you are fine. Boot from the SSD and see if it works. It's the only way to find out.