New SSD in Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greatestrobo, Dec 24, 2011.

1. greatestrobo macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey guys, thanks to you and this forum I've installed a new crucial m4 256GB ssd in my early 2011 MacBook Pro, replacing my old HDD.

Everything seems fine so far. However I do remember reading somewhere about some configurations you had to adjust for the ssd. The one that pops into my head is something with the motion sensor. Can anyone help walk me through these steps? Also, are there any other noteworthy adjustments I should make? I know TRIM is a hot topic but it's still heavily debated so I think I'll leave that alone for now. Thanks for all your help and enjoy the holidays!

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I wouldn't change any settings unless you have a problem. The motion sensor can stay on as it has no effect on ssd's.

Does your M4 have the latest firmware?

3. greatestrobo thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm sorry but how do you check for the firmware of the ssd?

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I'm not with my Mac to know for sure but if I remember correctly go to system information, then more information, and look for the info there on the drive.

Alternatively mine said the firmware version on the label on the drive itself.