New ssd install i cant open my macbook pro 13in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by travis64, Dec 1, 2010.

1. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

Its the 2010 2.4 model
    Is there a trick to open it ?i dont want to strip it out but its not turning

=[

2. CC424 macrumors regular

There is no trick. I just changed mine 2 days ago. You have to use the eye glass screw drivers and a torx 6 screw driver for the screws on the old hard drive.

3. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

4. smeg36 macrumors regular

Mine was REALLY hard to turn the screws. I had to put a ton of torque into getting the screws to turn. Actually gave myself blisters doing it. But they did turn eventually, and once they started it was pretty easy to get them out. Just don't strip the screws trying. Make sure you have the right size screw driver, and put some elbow grease into it.

5. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

give it some gentle downward pressure (towards the screw) which will help the screwdriver will sit better in the screw and there's less risk of stripping the screws.

They have thread tightener or putty or whatever on the screws so the first time you take it apart, it might take a while before it gives.

6. travis64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

travis64

Well i install the drive and turn it on with install dvd and t dont show the hd just the dvd

I install it without the screws on the hd because i didnt have the right one

7. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Have you checked all your cable connections? Those little ribbons come unplugged really easily.

8. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Did you format the SSD to mac compatible? go to disk utility, if it doesnt pull up there then theres an issue. If its there then you just have to format it to mac compatible.