New SSD, New problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thetruth1985, Jan 30, 2011.

1. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

I just put a new Kingston 128gb SSD in my 2010 i5 MBP. It's nice and snappy but the problem is that I can't get my time machine to backup correctly. It was trying to backup earlier but the backup would always fail, saying to try to do the backup again latel. I tried resetting the PRAM but now it is backing up very very slow. I have been sitting here for 30 minutes and it has only backed up 40kb of 70GB. Yes you read that right, 40KB!!!! Is there a problem with my drive or is it a setting I need to reset on my computer? If it helps, I put a fresh install on the new drive before I used migration assistant to get all my old info from my time machine backup. Also, My previous drive was a 5400 500gb drive.

2. thetruth1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I also want to add that I have a imac connected to the same hard drive and it backs up with no problems. The hard drive is 2TB and connected via an airport extreme.

3. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

That points to a signal problem with your wireless network more than the SSD. Use iStumbler to see what your signal is like, and try moving closer to the Airport Base Station.

4. PUMMYUK macrumors member

Try it with a cable connection, before Investigating the wifi as a problem. Of nothingness, you get a backup done first over cable for the first 70gb