New Studios Rental Only?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by billabong, Jan 16, 2008.

1. billabong macrumors 6502

Are all the new studios added to iTunes rental only? Or will we have the option to buy some of these if we like? It seems like it's going to be rental only by what is up so far, but who knows...

2. Seanasaur macrumors member

It looks like we'll only be getting rentals. I suppose that could always change, but Fox seems to be pushing DVD sales over downloads by including digital copies with all future movies. It probably won't be long before other studios decide to start doing the same thing.

iTunes rentals are a great idea. Digital copies of films included with their respective DVDs are a great idea, too. However, until the movie industry digs itself out of the last century, I doubt we'll be seeing much else.

Ha, I tried to buy Napoleon Dynamite on iTunes about fifty times around 1 AM this morning. It wasn't until later today I realized that button was a mistake on Apple's part. "Buy" is now no where to be seen in relation to Napoleon Dynamite. GOSH!

3. buffalo macrumors 65816

Yeah, on the one hand, it is nice that now we have a large selection of movies to rent from, but it is too bad that most of those are not available to buy. However, I do like Fox's idea and I hope all the other studios begin implementing it also (also on BluRay disks, so those copies can be put onto computers when BluRay drives are common). For around the same price as the iTunes movie purchase we will get the physical disk, extras, and the computer copy.