New-style keyboard - assigning F16 - F19

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MegaSignal, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. MegaSignal macrumors 6502

    Oct 20, 2003
    I could not find any information on this, so if it has been previously posted elsewhere, I apologize:

    Just plugged in my new Thin Aluminum Apple keyboard and absolutely love it. However, I miss the Mute, Volume Down, Volume Up, and Eject keys from the far upper-right corner of the keyboard. As such, I would like to re-program the function keys F16 (Mute), F17 (Volume Down), F18 (Volume Up), and F19 (Eject) to the similar way the earlier keyboards were designed. Do I need additional software? Is there a way to do this in Keyboard Shortcuts?

    Thanks all in advance!
  2. SpeedyCycles macrumors newbie

    Jan 2, 2009
    I am trying to do the same thing. Any input from the Guru's? :)

  3. farrago macrumors newbie

    May 28, 2009
    Re: New-style keyboard - assigning F16 - F19

    Try the mac program called "spark". It is free and I found it to be the easiest way to tweak the function keys including the F16-F19.


Share This Page