new summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Four20, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

so i installed the alpha version of summerboard manually. but now that version is on installer.app. . .but installer.app doesn't see i have this installed.

what should i do? i don't think it's safe to delete what i did manually, then install via installer.app(won't that like delete my settings and all)

2. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I was in the same boat as you..... so I just went ahead and installed it via Installer, which worked fine.

When I go to SMBprefs I can see that it's running the new version. I could also tell it did re-write the files, as when I rebooted the custom icon I had used had gone back to the original.

3. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I just looked all over for summerboard in the newest version of installer...where is it? All I see are themes.

4. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

Just install it from installer.app, that is what I did. It'll over write the files you put in manually, and mark it as installed in installer.

5. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

should i uninstall trip1pogostick now? or does it matter? it's only 3.4k

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

can you do that now?

does trip1pogo crash the whole lot if you try to uninstall it??!

7. Cache macrumors regular

I installed the new summerboard manually already. Now when I try installing it through installer, it says I have to uninstall the older version first. :(

8. fdmendez macrumors member

I installed summerboard manually and now i can't find the updated version under updates or install in installer.app

9. fdmendez macrumors member

i guess what me and others that are having problems with installing the new version of summerboard are trying to say is that if you can help us, it'd be very appreciated

10. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

I installed the alpha manually. . .and also still have trip1pogo installed. . .and i was able to overwrite the summerboard with the one from installer.app

dunno why you are unable to

11. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

To clear up some confusion:

This SummerBoard version is the same version you guys were installing Manually. It's only change is that it's available in Installer.app. At first, I couldn't see SummerBoard in the list until I UPGRADED Installer.app through Installer.app. Please also note, there is no advantage of installing it through installer.app if you already have it installed manually. It doesn't make it better or more stable. As a side note, even if you install it with Installer.app, you cannot uninstall it from Installer.app, it will only uninstall the SMBPrefs.app from your springboard and you'll still have to uninstall the rest manually from FTPS. See here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=371976