New Super Mario Bros or Zelda for DS?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 8, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im partial to mario over zelda

but im sure youve layed both before. what series you like more?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Depends! Mario is a lovely game to run through over and over, no fuss. Zelda is much deeper.

I'd go for Mario :) might have a play on it myself!

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Forget DS Mario and Zelda, get the classics. LttP and Yoshi's Island for GBA.

5. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

If you want a fun game to run through quickly, definitely pick up New Super Mario Bros. I've played it before on a cousin's DS and it's a blast! I haven't played Zelda, but I'm sure it's much deeper, like raggedjimmi said. It's probably not quite as "pick-up-and-play" as Mario.

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

If they didn't have the temple repeats I could see myself playing Zelda through again...the only one I play through repeatedly is the first one...others are too annoying to sit through a second time.

New Super Mario is almost like Mario World or Super Mario 3...can play and play on it even though I'm 100% on all three save spots :)

Paul

7. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I've yet to play Zelda, but Mario is totally awesome!

8. asxtb macrumors 6502

I also vote for Mario. Definitely a better game for short gaming episodes. And not as complex story-wise. Plus a LOT more fun mini games with Mario. Definitely a keeper, while Zelda was a 'play through once and sell it' game.

Edit: On the other hand, Zelda does have the Wi-Fi gaming so you can play with people online. (But, I think the online game sucks. I'd rather go with the Mario mini games and play by myself.)

9. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I've got both. It really depends on what type of game you are looking for. If you want something you can pick up and play for 5 minutes and can play over and over get Mario. If you want something that is going to take some time and have a great story, then get Zelda.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

GET BOTH!!

I personally found both games quite enjoyable.

<]=)

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

If you can only get one, get Mario. Like others have said, even though I've gone through the game twice now, I can still pick it up and play it. Plus the mini-games are a blast if you play against a friend.

Zelda was alright, but it doesn't have the replay value that Mario does.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Zelda was amazing. It's a deeper game and will take much longer to complete than Mario.

But once you complete it, you'll have no desire to start playing it again, while Mario might have you replaying levels.

Frankly, I think that if you only get one of these games you'll have missed out big time :D

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I beat Mario 100% and had no desire to play it again. I sold it, I'll buy it again some years later to beat it again. I haven't played Zelda, I heard it was dumbed down.

14. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

I have played both and prefer the Zelda game.

Mario was just a tad too easy, and I am by no means one of those gamer dudes that can tear through games in two hours.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Whoever told you that was retarded. It is seriously one of the best games in recent years. I think I enjoyed it more than Twilight Princess[/heresy].

16. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

pickup and play over and over again - Mario
    Pickup and play over and over again - Zelda

:D

seriously though, mario is a great arcadey platformer, Zelda is more in depth.

17. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Think I might buy mario now and ask for Zelda for my birthday which is only 2 months away :D

18. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

While I found both very good, I honestly didn't get much replay out of Mario. It was fun, definitely, but I'm so overloaded with games right now I'm not going back and playing ones I've already beat. It was fun though. A lot.

I would say Zelda, simply because on the first time through it's a lot more in depth, has an online component, and was better (slightly) for me the first time through.