New Survey finds iOS users Happier

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Wicked1, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/01/18/which-os-is-loved-the-most/

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Oh boy.....

3. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

In before the comments about how this relates to fanboyism.

In all seriousness though, I think it's fairly obvious that Apple customers tend to be more vocal about their love/hate than the average consumer.

4. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I think as far as a survey like this it's more of a case of how do you separate good hardware and good software? If you buy a terrible android phone you are going to think android sucks, but do you really? Or do you just think your phone sucks?

5. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

That's definitely part of it, for sure. There's a lot more variation in the quality of various Android headsets, but I don't think we can also underestimate Apple's industry-leading excellent customer service (as recognized by Consumer Reports, JD Power, and others), and unmatched network of Apple Stores where face-to-face support is available free of charge.

Let's not forget the majority of smart phone owners are not nerdy types who spend their time posting on Internet forums and tricking out their technology.

6. mittencuh macrumors member

mittencuh

I originally used iOS since 1.0, switched around 3.0 to Android 2.3, and then came back with iOS 5.1 and I would agree that iOS really does make me a bit "happier." That's a very ambiguous term, but iOS generally lacks the frustrations that I've felt with Android, especially after Android 4.0. Android 4.0 itself was fantastic, and so is 4.1 and 4.2. But the core design of the OS doesn't translate over to many apps at all. Many still don't follow Google's guidelines for app UI and UX. This is why I feel "happier" with iOS. Even some of the worst iOS apps at least look and function in some manner resembling the rest of the OS. Not so with Android. I hated paying $2 for an app and then finding out it really was either a port of an iOS app or doesn't fit in with the OS at all.

THAT being said, I do think that the core OS experience of Android, and Google's own apps, is actually quite good and very sublime, even surprisingly so.. It's just easier for third party devs to ruin the experience.