Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arouse123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Basically after having to reinstall my computer I have lost my iTunes library. All the content I need is on the iPod touch, I have authorised the computer and clicked transfer purchases but it did not transfer everything. The items it did not transfer was my own music not purchased through iTunes. When I click to sync it comes up with erase and sync which would leave me with a nearly empty library. How can I force te music from the iPod to iTunes. Some one please put me out of my misery and either tell me it is not possible or how to do it.
Many thanks
Adam

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Do a search -- there are programs out there to transfer them from the ipod to itunes. You'll have to pay a little, but it shouldn't be bad.

I did it a while back, but I honestly can't remember the program I used.

(HAHA)

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
transfer purchases

Basically after having to reinstall my computer I have lost my iTunes library. All the content I need is on the iPod touch, I have authorised the computer and clicked transfer purchases but it did not transfer everything. The items it did not transfer was my own music not purchased through iTunes. When I click to sync it comes up with erase and sync which would leave me with a nearly empty library. How can I force te music from the iPod to iTunes. Some one please put me out of my misery and either tell me it is not possible or how to do it.
Many thanks
Adam

i am pretty sure that you can right click on your ipod and click transfer purchases. it worked for me. hope this helps.

bmcully1

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
do you have your old computer still if so you could go some where and get the content transfered to your new computer?

oserere

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
If you're on a Mac you could use this app called senuti. It lets you recover songs off ipod touch, the Trial lets you retrieve 1000 songs but if you have more than that then I suggest purchasing it.

here's the link: senuti hope it helps :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.