new tab

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zuplar, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

for the most part i have completely converted back to using Safari, except on a few things that i need firefox, but my question is why is there not a new tab button that you can add to the bar in safari like you can in FF? when i'm using a mouse it's easier for me to just click a button than use a shortcut or the menu. i was just curious if there was a way.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

SafariStand gives you this as an option, and many more things :)

3. Zuplar thread starter macrumors regular

Zuplar

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not criticising your ways, I'm just curious: If you need to use the keyboard to type the address of the site you're going to, then what's the hassle with pressing Cmd-T first? I've survived with that since the Safari betas :)

5. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

use plugsuit and it comes with a tabbing plugin that allows you to just double click the tab bar for a new tab. I just wish there was a way to open typed in addresses and bookmarks in a new tab by default.

edit--plugsuit is free, and the program is called twicetab.

6. Zuplar thread starter macrumors regular

Zuplar

well i went ahead and downloaded safaristand, so i figure i'll give that a try first off.

as for the typing thin, i really don't know cause your right, i would go right to typing. it's just a thing i go to use and then remember i don't have it so it irritates me more than anything.

thanks for all the help though.