New Table/Desk suggestions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleNewton, May 22, 2008.

1. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Im looking for a plain ol' tabletop desk, nothing too fancy but something thatll definitely last.

Something that will hold a 30" display, keyboard/mouse + 3 Speakers & the control pod (z5500s)

something no larger than 60" and thats atleast 28" in height..depth/width = 25" or so.

I noticed this one that is a bit what I'am aiming for but wanted to see if anyone actually has owned this own and can tell me if its worth it?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39843617

any other suggestions or ideas are welcome. thanks!

2. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I always order my desks from Room and Board. You can choose your own wood/stone and legs, and they're not too expensive, in comparison to some other designer furniture outlets.

Just pick out a set of legs, and they'll let you choose the top, along with length/width. Or just pick out some legs and buy the top elsewhere. They'll also sell and install an under mounted hydraulic keyboard/mouse arm for a hundred or so extra.

------------------------------
    EDIT:

they're prices appear to have gone up since I last ordered. I'm using their Stanton legs and 48x24 inch maple butcher-block (large enough for my 26" LCD + 2x 17" LCD, etc), and I paid no more than $400 with delivery. $519 now.

Stop by your local Ikea - they have a similar setup where they let you mix and match legs and table-top (though, their selection is limited as you can probably imagine. Only a few different sets of legs, and one or two types of wood in one or two sizes). You can get a decent desk from them for under a few hundred.