New TC takes 12,540 days to back up?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by phsdrumguy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. phsdrumguy macrumors newbie

Okay, I knew from reading that it would take at least overnight to back up my 220GB of stuff, but 32 YEARS??!!

Obviously there's something wrong here. I just brought home a new 2TB Time Capsule this afternoon from the Apple Store and was excited to get it all hooked up. After initial struggles in getting it to work with my ATT 2wire, I conquered that and set up time machine to start backing up wirelessly.

It was running along nicely but said it would take 9 days to backup. So, I decided to start over with it plugged directly to my MBP with an ethernet cable so it would go faster. But after an hour, it's only gone 169kb and now says it will take 13,095 days...

I've restarted the MBP and rebooted the TC. I even moved 40 gigs of iTunes media over to it (while it was still wireless) and it took maybe 45 minutes...it made it fine and iTunes reads it perfectly.

Other info that might be helpful?
    Mid 2009 15" MBP 2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 duo
    OSX 10.7.3

Any help/thoughts/advice would be great!

2. phsdrumguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Up to just under 14,000 days now. I think I'll try restarting just the MBP with the TC powered up (last thing I haven't tried) and see what I've got in the morning.