New text message in 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigjnyc, Sep 18, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I hate the fact that now when a new text message arrives it says: NEW TEXT MESSAGE.... instead of telling you who its from like before. why would they just randomly get rid of that? and no i dont want to use text message preview which shows part of the actual message. it was perfect with the person's name and text message. what were they thinking just removing a feauture that people have had for over a year.:mad:

2. taran420 macrumors 6502a

there is a option in settng where set your passcode setting, u can set how u want your new txt msg to show..........It's been discussed here so many times.....search next time, apple didn't remove anything

3. bluelondon macrumors regular

yep, there's already been a number of threads on this and yes we are all pissed about it.

apple never ceases to surprise me with their weird decisions.

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

That setting has always been there, and it shows a preview of the message itself. you obviously did not read my post carefully. go back and read it slowly.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

When I get a text, it says the name of the sender, like it always has. Running 2.1. Don't know why yours would be any different.

6. taran420 macrumors 6502a

exactly, mine shows the name and MSG like it always did

Looks like u need to read before u post a topic which has been discussed enough times already

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here.

8. pooryou macrumors 65816

I found a much worse bug. When you are in the text message app and you get a new message, it doesn't display in the list of messages until you go out to the list of chats and then back into the list again.

Makes no sense at all, must be a bug and very annoying. Anyone else notice this?

9. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

mine makes a shoowsph noise and in the top left corner a one is displayed indicating one unread txt

10. pooryou macrumors 65816

Yes, exactly. Which is not what is supposed to happen, it's supposed to just show up in the text window as if you were using iChat.

Seems to be happening inconsistently, which is even more annoying.

11. philgilder macrumors 68000

i think pooryou is talking about when you get a message from the person whose 'conversation' you are currently 'in'

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I doubt it's random. In fact, I bet you they did it because people asked them to. Considering that right after the update people praised this change, it was probably based on user feedback.

So, thank your fellow iPhone users. :D

Nope, mine works the way it has since before the update.