Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
I signed in to my At&t online account to check that my unlimited data plan was still active on my acccount. To my delight the unlimited data plan was still there but with an option to add unlimited text messaging for $10 more making it a $40 option for unlimited Data and Text. Did anyone else's account change to show these options? I was very surprised. Just yesterday I went to have an old feature code for text messaging reinstated and they told me that I was out of luck and had to stay on $15 for 1500 texts.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Nope, mine is still unlimited for $20.00. :mad:

Plus, I love how AT&T recommends I upgrade to the unlimited texting plan when I do not use even close to the 1500 I have now. I know that that is standard for everyone, but seriously.

swr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Here are the new plans listed...

Here are the new bundles listed...

Attachments

• Data and Text Plans - NEW.jpg
    Data and Text Plans - NEW.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 222

wikoogle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
It's not even much data at all. Each text message is a couple of kbs of data.

If they're going to charge for data, they shouldn't charge for texting. This is why I use the Text Free Unlimited app to send all my texts to my significant other, and make due with a 200 text msg plan.

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
Where do you get to the page to see the new plans? And wouldn't spending the extra $10/month and changing get rid of our grandfathered unlimited?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
For my 3G and 3GS lines, the new data plans are listed under features.
For my original iPhone, there are no new choices there. It simply shows the iPhone data plan + 200 SMS, $30 for + 1500 SMS or $40 for unlimited SMS.

It looks like the new data plans only affect 3G and 3GS users.

skyehill

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
wikoogle said:
It's not even much data at all. Each text message is a couple of kbs of data.

If they're going to charge for data, they shouldn't charge for texting. This is why I use the Text Free Unlimited app to send all my texts to my significant other, and make due with a 200 text msg plan.

I tried Text Free and absolutely hated it. I switched to Beejive and use it's AOL to SMS texting and it kicks the crap outa the text free apps.

tuna

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Here are the new bundles listed...

Ummm aren't those the old data plans from the unsubsidized iPhone?

I specifically remember $20/month for unlimited data plus 200 text, and $30/month for unlimited data plus 1500 text

You trickster, you

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

I specifically remember $20/month for unlimited data plus 200 text, and $30/month for unlimited data plus 1500 text

You trickster, you

Not that you mention you're absolutely correct.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I know I just checked my account and it shows nothing like what is shown above. Would be nice though. I currently pay 35$ total for the unlimited data plan and 200 text messages. I would gladly pay 5$ more a month for unlimited data and texts.

swr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008

You trickster, you

So, why is the $40 unlimited data and text old? My old plan for my 3G is $30 unlimited data which what I had until today + $15 for 1500 text messages. Now I have $40 unlimited data and text. I don't see your point. Please explain it to me. I didn't do anything but show you what AT&T are offering, if any tricks are going on then the magicians are AT&T not me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.