New Text When Convo Already Open

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by slookx24, Oct 17, 2011.

1. slookx24 macrumors member

If I'm having a conversation with someone in iMessage, their new messages don't show up automatically in the already opened conversation box. It shows that I have a brand new message in the upper left "Messages (1)". The only way to see the new message from the person I'm already talking to is to go back to the list of Messages and open up the conversation again. Anyone else?

2. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

hm, i had this issue with previous ios too.. i had this problem with android os too...

any help would be appreciated+

3. slrandall macrumors 6502

Having the same problem. Really annoying that the new text doesn't just pop into the conversation. Seems like a silly thing to mess up.

4. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

I had this issue and just restarted the phone. I think I did a hard reset when you press the power and home buttons.

Either way this doesn't happen to me anymore.

5. Mac-Maine macrumors member

this happen to me once in a blue in the last OS

i just came out the text app back to the home screen, double tapped the home button to bring up the apps running in the background, then closed the text app. When I went back in the (1) message thing was gone

6. slookx24 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I restarted the phone last night and it's not doing it anymore. Seems to solve it.