New theme

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rasputin1969, Jun 10, 2013.

1. rasputin1969 macrumors 6502

Hi there

How do you guys feel about the new theme? Watching the keynote it seemed peachy but in the hand - to me, it looks awful. I'm hoping it grows on me but

1. The icons in particular look awful. The balance is all off. A typical example is the App Store icon - the inner circle is just much to big and clumsy. The settings icon looks drawn by a 5 year old.

2. Folders or groups. These are now a cloudy blob with no feeling of texture of depth.

3. Groups in the dock - again a cloudy blob. When you tap on a group in the dock there is no transition to the group itself but instead you get no animation at all. It feels quite jarring. Obviously this can be fixed.

4. The dock - a bland grey strip.

5. I haven't yet found a way of reaching spotlight and did not realize how much I used it till now. Without spotlight finding and selecting an app is just horrible.

These are just initial impressions. I hope I'm wrong but I think this could be a bit of a problem.

2. terryh703 macrumors regular

spotlight works still, just pull down somewhere in the middle of the home screen

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The dock is a "frosted glass" color. It will look different depending on your background. I do think they need to tweak the way the dock and folders look, though.

I think many will find the app icons more welcoming when all third-parties have updated theirs as well. They don't blend well, that's for sure.

4. matty.p macrumors 6502

Spotlight is no longer restricted to left of the first page. Grab the springboard and pull down and spotlight appears.

Also as a 25 year old I don't know if I could draw any of the icons haha, so that's a very talented 5 year old. There's some inconsistencies with the app icones throughout the OS. It's Beta 1, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the app icons are refined over the next three months.

5. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Totally agree, looks like one of those really bad Cydia themes made by some 12 year old with no artistic ability, and everybody considers Ive a design God? Gotta be kidding me!

The whole ui looks unfinished and like it was drawn up in a day by kindergardeners with some pastel crayons, I'm not upgrading to this until the jailbreak comes out!